Your Ad Here
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

NEW CHEATING SCAM

6:49 AM

(0) Comments



A few days ago, one of my friends received a sms with the message:
You've stuck 1st prize with a prize money of RM 200,000 cash. The sms came
with a contact no. My friend ignored it since he had heard of too many bogus scams
using similar tactics.

After a short while his handphone rang, a Miss Fang asked: "Sir have you
received a sms telling you that you've struck 1st prize?"

My friend answered: "Yes, I have"

Miss Fang: "Please let us have your bank account number so that we can
deposit the money into your account."

My friend thought, why not, let's see what you can do. My friend has a
buddy who works in that bank. Hence, he gave her his accound number.

Ten minutes later, my friend's handphone started ringing again.

Miss Fang said: "Sir, we have deposited your prize money into your
account, please check and verify."
My friend checked using his handphone and found that RM 200,000 was
really deposited into his account. He was euphoric, just like that and he's
RM 200,000 richer!

30 minutes later, Miss Fang called again.. She was crying: "I'm sorry
sir, I made a mistake, I forgot to deduct the tax before I deposited the
prize money, 20% of RM200,000 equals to RM 40,000. Now the company
wants me to reimburse the money. Can you please return the RM 40,000
tax? I beg you."

My friend t! hought f or a while and felt pity for the lady. Thinking of
the money in his bank account, he went to the bank.

Suddenly he thought of his buddy working in that bank and decided to ask
his buddy to double check and confirm for him first.

Upon checking, his buddy found out that the money was deposited using a
cheque of a different bank.

Even though the cheque was deposited but the actual amount of money can't
be transfered into his account on the same day. If the other party decided to
cancel the cheque, then he'll not get this RM200,000.

My friend was shocked. He almost lost RM40,000.

Before my friend left for home on that day, the cheque was actually
cancelled. If not for his buddy, if not for him being a professional.
or if he was scared of letting others know of striking the prize then this
bogus scam could be successful. This is a true story, please beware.

Future scams could be even better planned. Please don't forget to forward
to your friends and relatives to warn them from being cheated.

0 Responses to "NEW CHEATING SCAM"

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here